Pastures

Pastures
Love where I live.

Sunday, May 15, 2011

Bridesmaids, David EdelsteinNYT Critic, Buy a ticket!

I saw the movie, Bridesmaids, two days ago and I am still laughing to myself. I am wondering if the NPR movie critic ,David Edelstein and I saw the same movie. He in essence gave a review about technique, and missed the performances and story of Bridesmaids.Apparently being a fan of scatological humor was his moment of definition. McCarthy's,"girth" appearance, was only part of her character, did you go out for pop-corn for the Air Marshall story. The competitive natures of Kristen Wiig and Rose Byrne, Annie and Helen, had a polite and passive filter, but as a member audience, I was  is in on it from the beginning. Helen's over the top, need to out-do anything or anybody,ie: , Private showings of dresses, private fitings in Francs,Puppies as favors,Please were you watching from home. In addition,  just trying to get a man's attention ,alot of us have been there. You may call it women centric, but the theater where," I went to see the movie", had heavier laughs that came from men and not women on steroids. Wow , laughter to the extreme, and yes , I want more.

No comments:

Post a Comment